Promoting equality and diversity
To promote equality and diversity we have so far taken the following actions:
• Updating our public health profile to show the main equality and diversity issues in our local population
• Ensuring all of our CCG policies have now been assessed for equality impact
• Appointing a patient engagement manager with a specific remit for promoting equality and diversity with our patient representatives and the providers we commission from. This role will be key in developing future equality and diversity strategies
• Having representation on a selection of equality and diversity forums. We now regularly networking with other organisations on equality and diversity matters
• Providing an online training module for staff to make them aware of the Equality Act and offering practical support on applying this in the workplace and in commissioning services
• Ensuring all service change proposals are assessed for impact for quality, privacy and equality
• Agreeing a new Quality and Equality policy
• Having a clear profile of our workforce which is regularly reviewed by the Remuneration and Nominations Committee
• Establishing a steering group to ensure equality and diversity are present throughout the workplace and in the services we commission and design.
We aim to achieve our commitment to equality and diversity through proactive engagement and consultation with patients, stakeholders, partners and staff who work within our organisation. If you would like to be involved in our work and have your say, please click here.