Stay Well This Winter - Flu vaccine
Flu can be a terrible illness for anyone, but it can be particularly dangerous for those who already have pre-exisiting health conditions, or are more vulnerable. That is why the NHS provides free flu vaccinations to people who are in the following 'at risk' categories:
- aged 65 or over
- aged 2-8 years
- pregnant women
- aged 6 months - 65 years with an existing long-term condition, including heart/chest/kidney/liver conditions, lowered immunity due to disease or treatment, diabetes and neurological conditions (e.g. MS, cerebral palsy or learning disability)
- carers, including young carers
- living in a long-stay residental or nursing home
Participating pharmacists (listed below) can also provide the flu vaccination, at cost, to those who still wish to receive it but do not fit the free eligibility criteria.
Please note that pharmacists are only able to provide vaccinations to those over 18 years of age, so if you have a child who needs to be vaccinated, please contact your GP (2-4 years) or education provider (4-8 years). Parents of children who are home schooled can speak to their GP about where to go to be vaccinated.
Children aged 2-8 years:
Children aged two to four years can receive a flu vaccination, in the form of a nasal spray, from their GP. Schools with pupils aged four to eight years are now responsible for arranging flu vaccinations. Schools will each have their own plans for contacting parents of children in this age range, and will do so throughout the winter period. If you have a child of this age, who you wish to receive a free vaccination and have not yet been contacted, please discuss this with your child’s education provider. Alternatively, if your child is in an 'at risk' group (for example has a long-term health condition), or could not receive the vaccination through a school (including children who are home schooled), please speak to your GP who can either provide you with the vaccination, or let you know where to go.
Any carer can ask their GP or participating pharmacist for a free flu jab. To make this process easier, Public Health England have provided local carer organisations with carers flu vouchers, which can be used to provide proof of your carer status. If you are a registered carer you should be contacted in regards to this, however, please contact us if you would like to be signposted to your local carer organisation.
If you have any questions in regards to the flu vaccination, please speak to your GP or a participating pharmacist.
Participating Pharmacists in the Surrey Downs area:
- Buckley Pharmacy, Mauripharm Ltd, 224 Barnett Wood Lane, Ashtead, Surrey, KT21 2DB. Tel: 01372 272355
- Buckley Pharmacy, Mauripharm Ltd, 78 The Street, Ashtead, Surrey, KT21 1AW. Tel: 01372 275563
- Grove Pharmacy, Quincewood Ltd, 4 Grove Corner, Lower Shott, Bookham, Surrey, KT23 4LP. Tel: 01372 453293
- Asda Store Pharmacy, Asda Stores Ltd, Reigate Road, Burgh Heath, Surrey, KT20 5NZ. Tel: 01737 377310
- Sainsbury’s Supermarket Ltd, Bridge Way, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1HW. Tel: 01932 744500
- Boots UK Ltd, 69-71 High Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1AW. Tel: 01306 882467
- Boots UK Ltd, 21 High Street, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9RL. Tel: 01372 464600
Epsom (and Epsom Downs):
- Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, Kiln Lane, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 1EQ. Tel: 01372 729318
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, The Old Cottage Hospital, Alexandra Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 4BL. Tel: 01372 742963
- Boots UK Ltd, 57 The Ashley Centre, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5DB. Tel: 01372 724423
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 1 Tattenham Crescent, Epsom Downs, Surrey, KT18 5QG. Tel: 01372 355260
- Paydens Pharmacy, Paydens Ltd, 33 Tattenham Crescent, Epsom Downs, Surrey, KT18 5QJ. Tel: 01737 354714
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 127 High Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8EF. Tel: 01372 723217
- Horton Pharmacy, Dev & Kalher Associates Ltd, Horton Local Centre, Pelman Way, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8SP. Tel: 01372 721749
- Ewell House Pharmacy, Manugor Ltd, 2 Ewell House Parade, Epsom Road, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 1NP. Tel: 0208 393 2142
- Miles Chemist, Celticpharm Ltd, 96 Chessington Road, West Ewell, Surrey, KT19 9UR. Tel: 0208 393 1000
- Anachem Pharmacy, P&U Mangal Ltd, 210 Chessington Road, West Ewell, Surrey, KT19 9XA. Tel: 0208 393 1260
- Day Lewis Pharmacy, Day Lewis PLC, 4 The Parade, Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7SR. Tel: 01372 373110
- Boots UK Ltd, 5 High Street, Great Bookham, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT23 4AA. Tel: 01372 452067
- Kent Chemist, Nicklevale Ltd, 104 Walton Road, East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0DL. Tel: 0208 979 5168
- Glenlyn Chemist, Nicklevale Ltd, Glenlyn Medical Centre, 115 Molesey Park Road, East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0JX. Tel: 0208 224 0300
- Lloyd’s Pharmacy Ltd, 2 Heath Buildings, High Street, Oxshott, Surrey, KT22 0JR. Tel: 01372 842177
- Jubichem Ltd, 16 Shelvers Hill, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5PU. Tel: 01737 813131
- Day Lewis Pharmacy, Day Lewis PLC, 20 Cross Road, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5SR. Tel: 01737 813130
- Boots UK Ltd, 14 High Street, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0RY. Tel: 0208 398 1459