With the bank holiday ahead of us, NHS Surrey Downs CCG is asking people to be prepared, and be advised that some services may be closed, or have limited opening hours this Monday.
Ahead of the bank holiday, health experts recommend to stock up on any medicines you may need including:
- Pain relief like aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen to relieve headaches, and minor ailments.
- Antihistamines to combat hay fever, insect bites and common allergies.
- Sun cream of at least factor 15 to stay protected against summer rays.
Selected pharmacies in Surrey Downs will remain open during the bank holiday to offer health advice on common illnesses and medicines should you need it. For a full list of pharmacy opening times in Surrey on Monday 28 May 2018, please click here.
Alternatively, you can find details of your nearest pharmacy on the NHS Choices website by clicking here.
NHS111, the NHS non-emergency number, will operate during the break to offer advice from healthcare professionals. The line is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is free to call from both landlines and mobiles.
Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but you’re unsure if it's a 999 emergency
- you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.
111 can make an out-of-hours appointment for you, if required.
You may also benefit from the GP extended access service. To find out more about this, please click here.
In the event of a medical emergency, please call 999 to access ambulance services.