Give us feedback

Give us feedback

Listening to you

We want local people to receive first class care and we really hope this happens – but we also know that sometimes things go wrong. If you don't have a good experience, we want to know about it so we can learn from it and do better next time.

We take feedback and complaints very seriously - and we promise to listen and understand. We also promise that if you do make a complaint this won't affect the treatment or care you or your family receive.

We're always happy to help if you are unsure who to direct your complaint to.

Who do I contact if I have a concern, complaint or feedback?

GP practices, pharmacies, dental practices and opticians

A formal complaint about any aspect of your, or a relative's healthcare can be made to the provider of the treatment, or the organisation who buys the services. Complaints should be made within 12 months of the event or incident about which you wish to complain.

If your issue or complaint relates to a GP practice, pharmacy, dental practice or optician, we would suggest that you contact the appropriate Practice Manager or pharmacist in the first instance. Alternatively you can contact NHS England, as this is the organisation that buys these services. NHS England can be contacted on 0300 311 22 33 or by emailing Alternatively you can write to:

Complaints Manager
NHS England
PO Box 16738
Redditch B97 9PT

Community, hospital, mental health and ambulance services

If your complaint relates to community services (such as district nursing and therapy services), hospital services, mental health services or ambulance services, we would suggest that you contact the healthcare provider directly or, alternatively, you may contact the CCG Patient Experience Service, as we buy these services.

We provide a PALS (patient advice and liaison service) which gives advice and support to patients, families and carers. We also deal with complaints regarding our provider organisations and the service they provide. We are there to listen to concerns and suggestions and welcome feedback on healthcare services we commission.

The Patient Experience Service operates Mon-Fri 0900 -1700. Contact details are available on the right-hand side of this page.

Surrey Downs CCG in-house and hosted services

There are also a number of services that we host in-house and on behalf of all Surrey CCGs, and these include: NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care; Individual Funding Requests; and Medicines Management. If you have a complaint relating to these services, please contact our Patient Experience Service using the details above.

I am still not satisfied - what can I do?

If you remain dissatisfied with the response you receive from either the provider or from us, you can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your case. You need to do this within 12 months of the event which prompted your complaint. Please note that if you have already made a complaint to the service provider, we as the commissioner will be unable to re-investigate the same concerns. In this situation you will need to approach the Ombudsman.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman can be contacted on 0345 015 4033, or you can write to:

Parliamentary and Health Service
11th Floor Millbank Tower