The Member Council will hold one meeting a year in public for the purpose of presenting the Annual Report and Annual Accounts to members of the public. This meeting is called an Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The AGM also gives us an opportunity to provide an update on how we have been working to improve care for local people in the Surrey Heartlands area and through the Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership. We also share our plans for the future.
2021 Annual General Meeting
We held our virtual AGM on Wednesday 29 September 2021. At the meeting, we gave a brief overview of our achievements and the challenges we faced during 2020-2021, as well as our priorities and plans for the future. We also answered your questions and heard feedback from each of our four Place-based leaders about the work we are doing to improve the quality and the health of our population across Surrey Heartlands.
- pdf AGM 2021 Agenda (158 KB)
- pdf Draft Minutes AGM 2019-20 (108 KB)
- pdf AGM Financial Overview 2020-21 (121 KB)
- pdf AGM ICS Plans for the future (1.09 MB)
- pdf AGM East Surrey Place update 2020-21 (796 KB)
- pdf AGM Guildford Waverley Place update 2020-21 (286 KB)
- pdf AGM North West Surrey Place update 2020-21 (453 KB)
- pdf AGM Surrey Downs Place update 2020-21 (2.29 MB)
2020 Annual General Meeting
- pdf AGM 2020 Agenda (156 KB)
- pdf AGM 2019 Minutes for Guildford and Waverley, Surrey Downs and North West Surrey CCGs (170 KB)
- pdf AGM 2019 Minutes for East Surrey CCG (163 KB)
- Annual Report
Presentations (all links open a new window in YouTube)
- Financial Review - An overview of the former CCG annual accounts (covering Guildford and Waverley, North West Surrey, Surrey Downs and East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Groups)
- East Surrey CCG Review of the Year 2019-20
- Guildford and Waverley CCG Review of the Year 2019-20
- North West Surrey CCG Review of the Year 2019-20
- Surrey Downs CCG Review of the Year 2019-20
- Working with Healthwatch Surrey - An overview of how Healthwatch Surrey supports and works with the CCG to engage with patients and the public