Dementia is a term used to describe a range of progressive neurological disorders.
On this page, you will find information on:
- Commissioning dementia services
- Surrey's Dementia Care Pathway
- The Surrey Dementia Road Map
- Dementia diagnosis rate
- Further detailed information on dementia
- Where to find local support
- What to do in a crisis
NHS Surrey Heartlands CCG commissions dementia services, from Surrey and Borders Partnership Foundation Trust, to diagnose and treat people with dementia across Surrey and North East Hampshire.
With Surrey County Council, we jointly commission a Dementia Navigators Service from the Alzheimer’s Society for residents living in Surrey and North East Hampshire and Farnham. We also support carers through Social Prescribing initiatives and Carers Breaks.
To read more about our vision for the Dementia Care Pathway, please take a look at our Surrey Heartlands Partnership strategy.
The Surrey Dementia Roadmap provides high quality information about the dementia journey alongside local information about services, support groups and care pathways to assist primary care to support people with dementia and their carers.
Compare the Surrey heartlands recorded dementia diagnoses to the national target via the NHS Digital website.
The Alzheimer’s Society provides one to one personalised dementia support through its Dementia Navigators. They offer information and practical guidance to help you understand the condition, cope with day-to-day challenges and prepare for the future. You can access support face-to-face, over the phone or in writing to help you to:
- remain independent and stay active for as long as possible
- get the information and advice you need to make informed decisions about your wellbeing
- find other local services which can help to improve your life.
You can get in touch by:
- Phone: 01932 855 582
Other local support available includes the following:
- Support for people with Dementia – Surrey County Council website
- Action for Carers Surrey
- Crossroads Care Surrey
- Check your GP’s website and search for dementia
- Surrey Information Point - Health Matters
- Alzheimer's Society
- Surrey County Council Staying Independent
If you need to help in a crisis, please contact the Surrey and Borders Partnership Mental Health Crisis Helpline.